Post by Nathaniel Essex on Jun 8, 2011 5:38:41 GMT -5
THE MUST-READ RULES[/center][/size]
OF VALIANT & VILLAINOUS
OF VALIANT & VILLAINOUS
Please respect both fellow members and the staff. Respect staff decisions. The last thing we need is unnecessary tension. Needless to say a part of respect is having the decency not to spam the boards or the C-Box.
Make sure you register with the name of your character! Your display name needs to be the First and Last name of your character to avoid any confusion. One account per character, please.
It is very important that you stay active and keep up with all the activity checks. I you are going away please let us know. Do not leave others hanging in threads and make sure you have at least one in character post per week. This is especially important for our canon players.
Please apply by starting a new topic with the true name of your character. You must complete applications within one week of starting them, or your application will be rejected. Do not plagiarize! Do not rush, your thread will receive attention soon. Please follow our application guidelines! Do not post in-character until you have been accepted.
Please post in third person for all in character threads. Make sure you are able to post at least two paragraphs for any in character posts, as one and two liners are simply not acceptable. Obviously, you are forbidden from the dreaded god-mod. You control only your character, and cannot kill, maim or otherwise severely affect the lives of any other characters without the players permission as well as a staff members.
The world of heroes and villains is a gritty one, and this site will deal with mature topics including violence, swearing, sex and drug use. This does not mean that every post should be rife with swearing and mature content...use common sense! ProBoards ToS states boards must be rated PG-13, so be careful players. Now, don't let this turn you away. Just think about all the things you're able to get away with these days in PG-13 movies.
We all love graphics, we really do, but we need to establish a few rules about this. Do not post pornographic or graphic images. You are allowed to have both avatars and signatures of reasonable size. [150 X 150] [550x 200]
1) Please post applications using the following format; Proper caps last names, proper caps first name.
2) You are free to create your own character, or to swipe up any available canon characters
3) Reservations last for one week before the character is put back up for grabs.
4) If you are posting an incomplete application, please mark it as so and bump the topic once you are finished. You have one week to finish applications once you first post them.
5) You must wait for approval before posting in any IC sections.
6) Exceptionally power characters (such as Superman & Thor) require the approval of two (2) staff members.
7) Players are allowed 5 Canon characters and 2 OCs. But in order to create a 2nd, 3rd, etc... character, you must have one of the following:
1. 20 IC posts and at least 1 active thread with your current character(s).
2. 10 IC posts and at least 1 active thread with your current character(s) + a staff member's support. (IE: This staff member believes the player will remain active with all their characters and is in support of allowing them a 2nd, 3rd, etc.)
1) If you are going to apply for a canon, do just that. Stick to the characters accurate history, abilities and personality while allowing yourself SOME room for tweaking.
2) You may have a maximum of five canon characters.
3) Please consider your situation when applying. If you do not have the time to actively play an important canon, do not pick the character up.
1) Originals characters are not allowed to have relations or important history with canon characters unless both staff and the person portraying said character give their blessings.
2) You may have a maximum of two original characters.
3) We are going to allow you the liberty of creating originals with powers. However, they are going to be limited to 2 powers. SOME exceptions may be made pending thorough review by the staff.
4) Your characters must, must, must have some kind of physical weakness. No it doesn't have to be something like kryptonite, so long as something (bullets, knives, fists...) can harm them.
5) No Mary Sues or Gary Stues, please.
6) Please consider picking up a canon before an original. There are hundreds of Marvel and DC characters, and you are bound to find something that suits your tastes.